Character Holiday Home in South West France for up to 8 People
Au Palouque is a character farmhouse located near the foot of the breathtaking Pyrenees in the quiet and picturesque village of Caixon near Lourdes and Pau.
LONG WINTER LETS AVAILABLE AT REDUCED RATES. Contact us for details.
Whether you're making the pilgrimage to Lourdes, seeking the spectacular skiing and walking in the mountains, or even just wanting to relax, wine and dine in genuine French countryside, it's an ideal place to be.
The house, which was originally a farmhouse, dates back to about 1830. It boasts original and character features such as exposed beams and even a bread oven. It is set in private and secluded grounds including extensive lawns, a covered patio, BBQ and orchard with many fruit trees: cherry, fig, plum, apple, pear, and quince.
The accommodation is very flexible. The ground floor would make an ideal apartment for a couple comprising huge open plan living/dining room, kitchen, utility and bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
Upstairs there is a WC and shower room and a further 3 bedrooms, two with double beds and one with two single beds.
Ready to book a relaxing holiday in the beautiful southwest of France? Click here for availability and online booking.
Questions? Send us an email or give us a call on +44 203 002 3737.
· Detached 4 bedroom house situated in extensive and secluded grounds
· Sleeps up to 8
· Long winter lets available
· Quiet village location
· 5 mins from nearest supermarket/restaurant (Vic-en-Bigorre)
· 5 mins from indoor/outdoor heated swimming pool complex (Vic-en-Bigorre)
· 30 mins from Tarbes/Lourdes airport (Ryanair)
· 45 mins from Pau airport (Ryanair)
· 1hr 45 mins from Toulouse airport (BA and Easyjet)
· 1hr from ski slopes (La Mongie)
· Gas-fired central heating and open fire
· Dishwasher, washing machine, microwave
· TV/DVD/CD/MP3, phone and wireless broadband internet connection
· Sky Digi satelite TV
· Books and games
· Coming soon: table tennis
· Covered storage for bikes, motorbikes etc.
· Convenient for Tarbes, Lourdes and Pau
· Fresh fruit and herbs from garden (in season)
· Activities include: hiking, cycling, mountain biking, vineyards, caves, chateaux, golf, rock climbing, paragliding, canoeing, winter sports, horse riding
See our advert on Home Away